This recipe is so good that I have made it twice in two days. It is a hit with adults and children. I have made the first batch for a fun nail party my friend invited us to. Doing your nails is a lot of work and the ladies enjoyed a small slider Sloppy Joes treat afterwards. My second batch was for my friend who just had her third baby girl. I love my MOPS mamas, what a great way to connect with other moms in the area and make life long friends. Our family has sure appreciated when our friends showed up with a warm meal when our children were babies. The Cowboss didn’t have to cook for weeks even though he was on the cooking duties, so I could tend to our little rascals. I’m always happy to bring a meal to a friend and check out their new bundle of joy.
Sloppy Joes on a toasted bun is always a winner of a dinner. Our two little guys are not that coordinated yet to eat the Sloppy Joes on a bun, so I mix up the cooked beef mixture in their homemade mac and cheese. They can “skillfully” work the fork. 😉
- 2 lbs 3T ground beef
- 2 cups chopped up celery or green peppers are great as well
- 1 cup chopped up onion
- 1 cup chopped up carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Lowry’s Garlic Pepper Seasoning (optional, this is our 3T staple seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar (Taste it first after the first tablespoon. We have liked the savory version with just one tablespoon, but some people like the sweeter version)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Canola oil
- Cut up your veggies.
- Heat up your good size pot and put in 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Saute veggies for about 5-10 minutes.
- Include the another tablespoon of oil and stir in the ground beef. Stir for 5 minutes.
- Time to put in the seasoning – salt, pepper, ground mustard, garlic powder, Lowry’s, yellow mustard, ketchup, sugar and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients and let it cook for another 10 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Time to serve it up on a toasted bun with homemade mac and cheese.
How easy wast that?! Dobrou chut!