I have been searching for new recipes to add to our “staples dinner list” and came across these Italian Beef Sandwiches. Our family loves roast, our favorite is smoke roast of any kind. The Cowboss does an excellent job smoking our beef, but I have to say these Italian Beef Sandwiches come as very close second! Plus it can’t get any easier to make them.
- 3 lbs 3T Ranch beef roast (any type of roast will be do just fine)
- 2 packets of Zesty Italian Dressing Seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounce jar banana peppers
- Sandwich rolls
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Place roast into the crockpot, sprinkle the seasoning and pour the entire jar of banana peppers including the liquid over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Pour in 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook for another 4 hours. I find that our meat likes the low temperatures better.
- Shred the meat with forks and place onto broiled sandwich rolls. As you can see in my pictures, I have put the cheese on top of the meat and put it into the oven for a couple of minutes to melt it. My Cowboss had a good idea.. Broil the rolls and melt the cheese and then put the meat on the bun. Extra layer to prevent a soggy bun.
Have to give credit to Buns in My Oven website for this wonderful recipe. It is a winner.