Sometimes, you just have to provide for the pregnant lady and give her what she wants and craves from one minute to the next. This pregnancy is so far the easiest out of the three, but the cravings are through the roof! Pickle juice one minute and why not wash it down with an ice cream bar. I try to restrain myself from overindulging, but last night I just had to have meatloaf. The boys will always pick a juicy burger or a steak over meatloaf. But, too bad for them, because meatloaf it is. To my surprise, they loved it! A few tweaks for better texture and they thought it was a hit too. So, I have added this tasty dish onto our dinner rotation list.
Things to have on hand:
- 1 lb 3T ground beef – grassfed/grass finished beef
- 1 box of stuffing
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions – chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the stuffing in the 1/2 cup of water. Some of the pieces will be still crunchy, that is totally OK!
- Mix together all of the other items including the stuffing.
- Create small patties and fry for about 5 minutes on each side.
- The cooking time is much faster vs an hour long oven bake for a regular meatloaf. Especially, on a night where everybody is super hungry and dinner needs to be served right now. The stuffing gives the meatloaf a better texture than just regular breadcrumbs.