Last week was a fall break for our son Luke and as a Ranch Mom I needed some quality morning time with my Top Ranch Hand. We had a plenty of ranch projects lined up for that week and nothing starts a busy day better than a belly filling breakfast.
Italian French Toast
- Italian Panettone bread (Costco sells this tasty bread during the fall/winter season)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- Mix eggs, milk or heavy cream, cinnamon and salt.
- Turn your cast iron pan on medium and poor in oil.
- Cut 1 inch slices of the Panettone bread and dunk it into the egg mixture.
- Fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
Perfect compliment to this breakfast is 3T Ranch Breakfast Sage Sausage and scrambled eggs. We were ready to tackle our ranch chores.
Next day, I made a delicious Italian French Toast Casserole and used the rest of the Panettone bread! This would be great to make on Christmas Day or for visitors, they would be impressed! Note: I include oats in the topping also! Pioneer Woman French Toast Casserole.