We have been on a potato roll! The top ranch hand loves helping his dad aka the cowboss rather than hanging out in the kitchen, but this time his tastebuds that love potato chips won! Here we go!
This requires a little bit a prep, but trust me it is worth it and you will be licking all of your fingers.. twice!
- 10 medium yukon gold peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt for each batch
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper for each batch
- 1 teaspoon of paprika for each batch
- top ranch hand ingredient: blue cheese
- paper towels
- First, peel and thinly slice your potatoes. I found the best way is to slice them in your food processor.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a deep pan and cover with water. Let them hang out for about an hour. Don’t skip this step, the starch in the potatoes is your enemy, preventing you to have nice crispy chips!
- Heat your deep fryer to 355 degrees.
- Dry the potatoes, dry the potatoes and dry the potatoes. You NEVER want to put wet potatoes into your deep fryer, you don’t want to get hurt. The oil would bubble up really quickly. I have used my trusty salad spinner to dry the potatoes and then pat them dry even more with paper towels.
- Separate the chips into individual pieces.
- Fry your potato chips for about 5 minutes. Stir the potatoes a couple of times with metal spoon or fork. You will do about 5 – 6 batches, depending on the size of your deep fryer. Don’t overcrowd it!
- Have a cookie sheet ready with more paper towels to pat them dry.
- Immediately sprinkle with dash of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Tip from our top ranch hand: sprinkle your chips with salt and pepper (omit paprika) and this time top with crumbled blue cheese. We didn’t believe him, but it was finger licking good!